The Advanced Placement (AP) courses offer qualified students the opportunity to take college-level courses in a high school setting. Many colleges and universities in the US and Canada consider students who do the AP Exams with a grade of 3 or above.
UK universities view exam results as similar to British A-level results. Students who succeed on three or more AP exams are well placed for entry into UK universities.
Advanced Placement (AP) Program Overview
Most students may not take more than three AP classes during one school year.
Students must have a B+ average in the prerequisite course and/or the permission of the Department Head in order to register for an Advanced Placement course.
Taking AP Exams in 2023
AP coordinators are responsible for notifying students when and where to report for the exams. Early exams or exams at times other than those published by College Board is not permitted under any circumstances.
Late exam dates are available if students cannot take the exams during the first two weeks of May. See the late exam schedule for more information.
When is AP Exam 2023?
The 2023 AP Exams will be administered in schools over two weeks in May:
- May 1–5 and
- May 8–12.
Download the late AP Exam dates and schedule PDF here.
Late AP Exam Dates
Occasionally, circumstances make it necessary for students to exams late. To preserve the security of AP Exams, alternate forms are used for late exams.
All students who participate in late exams at a given school must take these alternate exams on the scheduled late exam dates at the scheduled times.
Download the late AP Late Exam dates and schedule PDF here.
Important notes about AP Exam dates 2023 schedule
- The AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam must begin between 2 and 3 p.m. local time.
- Schools in Alaska must begin the morning exam administration between 7 and 8 a.m. local time, and the afternoon exam administration between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. local time.
- The AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam in Alaska must begin between 1 and 2 p.m. local time.
- AP Seminar and AP Research students to submit performance tasks as final and their presentations to be scored by their AP Seminar or AP Research teachers.
- AP Computer Science Principles students to submit their Create performance task as final.