West Virginia is home to a number of excellent high schools, both public and private. These schools offer students a variety of educational opportunities and extracurricular activities, preparing them for success in college and beyond. To help parents and students in their search for the best high school, we have compiled a list of the best high schools in West Virginia, based on factors such as academic excellence, extracurricular offerings, and student-teacher ratio.
Top 10 Public High Schools
- Morgantown High School (Morgantown)
- University High School (Morgantown)
- Bridgeport High School (Bridgeport)
- Winfield High School (Winfield)
- Hurricane High School (Hurricane)
- Saint Albans High School (Saint Albans)
- Jefferson High School (Shenandoah Junction)
- Herbert Hoover High School (Elkview)
- Cabell Midland High School (Ona)
- Washington High School (Charles Town)
Top Private High Schools
- The Linsly School (Wheeling)
- St. Joseph Catholic High School (Huntington)
- Notre Dame High School (Clarksburg)
- Charleston Catholic High School (Charleston)
- Wheeling Central Catholic High School (Wheeling)
Summary Table (10 Best High Schools in West Virginia)
|School Name||Location||Student-Teacher Ratio||Number of Students|
|1||Morgantown High School||Morgantown||19:1||1,858|
|2||University High School||Morgantown||17:1||1,340|
|3||Bridgeport High School||Bridgeport||17:1||851|
|4||Winfield High School||Winfield||17:1||912|
|5||Hurricane High School||Hurricane||18:1||1,889|
|6||Saint Albans High School||Saint Albans||18:1||1,878|
|7||Jefferson High School||Shenandoah Junction||20:1||1,797|
|8||Herbert Hoover High School||Elkview||19:1||1,830|
|9||Cabell Midland High School||Ona||19:1||1,900|
|10||Washington High School||Charles Town||18:1||1,793|
Note: Information for private schools does not include student-teacher ratio or number of students.
What Makes These Schools the Best?
There are many factors that contribute to a school’s success, but some of the key elements that make these schools the best in West Virginia include:
- Academic excellence: These schools offer challenging academic programs that prepare students for success in college and beyond.
- Extracurricular offerings: These schools offer a wide range of extracurricular activities, allowing students to explore their interests and develop their talents.
- Student-teacher ratio: These schools have low student-teacher ratios, which allows teachers to provide more individualized attention to their students.
Choosing the Right High School
When choosing a high school, it is important to consider the individual needs of your child. Factors to consider include:
- Academic programs: What are your child’s academic interests and goals? Does the school offer the programs that they need to succeed?
- Extracurricular activities: What are your child’s extracurricular interests? Does the school offer the activities that they want to participate in?
- School culture: What is the school’s culture like? Is it a good fit for your child’s personality and needs?
It is also important to visit the schools that you are interested in and talk to current students, parents, and teachers. This can help you get a better sense of what each school is like and whether it is a good fit for your child.
Conclusion (Best High Schools in West Virginia)
West Virginia is home to a number of excellent high schools, both public and private. These schools offer students a variety of educational opportunities and extracurricular activities, preparing them for success in college and beyond. When choosing a high school, it is important to consider the individual needs of your child.
If you have any questions about the ”Best High Schools in West Virginia”, leave a comment below.