If your iPhone 13 pro max Face ID is not working, there are two things you can do to fix the problem – iPhone 13 pro max Face ID not working.
iPhone 13 pro max Face ID not working
What is causing the problem, iPhone 13 pro max Face ID not working?
According to Apple:
” Using diagnostics available in iOS 14.6 or later, Apple has detected an issue with your TrueDepth camera that might cause it to not function as expected.
The TrueDepth camera contains lasers, which might be disabled for safety reasons if the device malfunctions or is damaged.
This won’t prevent you from using your iPhone or iPad, but until your iPhone or iPad is updated or serviced, you might not be able to use Face ID, Animoji, Memoji, and some other features that use the front camera.”
How to fit the problem?
Say your Face ID login was working fine, but suddenly it does not allow you to log in. The device says it can’t find the camera compatible and can’t open the camera. This can be really annoying as it’s a good way to log in.
Here are three things you can do to fix the problem:
1) Face ID settings are correct
If this is the first time you’re using Face ID, or if you’ve recently updated your iPhone, then there’s a chance that the settings are not as they should be.
Make sure the Face ID settings are correct. To do this, follow the steps:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Face ID & Passcode
- Then check to see if the feature is ‘enabled’ and that all the options in the Use Face ID section are ‘turned on’.
2) Re-install the IR camera driver
- 1. Go to the start menu/search for device manager.
- 2. Locate the camera category and double-click it to expand the list.
- 3. Locate if an IR camera driver is installed
- 4. If the IR camera driver is present, right-click it and choose to restart the computer to reinstall its driver
Finally, if the above two ways of fixing the problem failed, you may want to set up a new Face ID and start all over again.