The Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) has initiated several online portals to collect, process data and disseminate information to the public. There are pros and cons of the new online portals. This article gives details of KNEC LCBE Portal Login 2022 for our visitors from Kenya.
Definition/Synonyms (KNEC LCBE Portal Login 2022)
- KNEC – Kenya National Examination Council
- LCBE – Learning Continuity in Basic Education Assessment
- KPSEA – Kenya Primary School Education Assessment
- KCPE – Kenya Certificate Of Primary Education
- KCSE – Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- CP2 – Contracted Professionals System
What is KNEC LCBE Portal?
The LCBE portal is a new web-based system for capturing school data and assessments. The portal aims to help KNEC and teachers:
- conduct online assessments,
- register learners and
- upload schools-based assessment scores.
Registration takes place based on the school calendar and guidance from KNEC.
How to Use LCBE Registration Portal?
The KNEC LCBE registration portal is mostly for exam registration purposes.
The examination centres are expected to log onto the platform for each examination and enter the candidates’ details using the school/centre registration password.
To register, go to the KNEC LCBE portal:
- Go to the footer
- Proceed to the portal by clicking on the marked button
- Press the Red LCBE Portal option on the left side:
- Under the Primary Schools (KCPE) section, press the LCBE portal button,
- You’ll be redirected to a sign-in page
- Follow the prompts to complete registration
Registration KPSEA, KCPE and KCSE 2023
Registration for candidates usually starts late in April and ends in mid-May.
Headteachers must ensure these information are correct:
- Name of candidate/learner;
- Order of names as they appear on the birth certificate;
- School choices for KCPE;
- Year of birth;
- Citizenship and
- Subjects registered
How to register for KCPE and KCSE
- Go to the KNEC LCBE portal
- KCPE candidate registration (LEFT) and KCSE (RIGHT)
- Select the correct buttons.
- Follow the prompts to register.
How to become a KNEC examiner/invigilator – CP2?
CP2 is the short form for the Contracted Professional System, an online platform for teachers and interested professionals to apply to KNEC to assist with the administration and monitoring of national exams.
Through the KNEC CP2 portal, Kenyans can register for contractual roles.