Uses of UNAM Student Portal vs Moodle LMS: It seems that there there is a misunderstanding about the uses (or purposes) of UNAM Student Portal and UNAM Moodle LMS. In fact, the online teaching and learning will be done through the Moodle Learning Platform, rather than the Student Portal.
The university mentioned that as part of the remote Learning and Teaching strategy of the University, these two platforms (student portal and LMS Moodle) will complement each other.
UNAM MOODLE LMS (Learning Management System)
Moodle provides for effective student-centred learning through active interaction with fellow students, learning content or activities. Something that cannot be done to the same extent through the Student Portal.
It further provides opportunities for mobile learning through the Moodle Mobile app and assessment through the use of mobile devices.
Please click on the following links:
- To download the Moodle mobile app: https://download.moodle.org/mobile/
- More information/learning materials about the Moodle mobile app: https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Moodle_app
What UNAM LMS Moodle Can do
Students and staff should use Moodle for the following:
- Access to all registered modules
- Access to all remote Learning and Teaching activities
- Student-Lecturer interaction
- Download learning materials for offline access
- Collaborative learning
- Instant feedback on online tests and other assessments
What UNAM Student Portal Can do
The Students and staff should continue to use the UNAM Portal for the following:
- Proof of Registrations, Academic Records and Progress Reports
- Inter-Account Transfers and Refunds
- Financial Statements
- University Notices
- Lecturer notices to Students
This information is provided to help the students from Namibia. It is compiled from the university manuals, handbooks and online resources that are available to the general public.
Check out the list of resource we have compiled for students here. If you like the information we provide here, please share it, now.