Year 8 students from the UK or Australia will find this maths test paper with answers PDF useful. The Year 8 Maths Test Paper with Answers PDF Algebra paper contains classroom tests with 20 questions.
You can download the free test paper at our Maths Resource Website – see the link below. First, here are some important points that you should know when revising for your maths tests.
What to expect in your test?
Your maths teacher often sets the test from the easiest question to the hardest. Where there are short-answer questions, you’ll see the easier ones at the top and the harder ones at the bottom. Here are some quick tips:
- The one-mark questions need no working out. Always write the answers clearly and include the units where necessary.
- Most questions will need working out whereas others will ask you to give reasoning. Take time to do the higher-order questions if they carry 3 – 5 marks.
- The Year 8 maths tests marks can range from 30 – 50. You should be able to complete them in one period, 40 or 50 minutes. Some end-of-the-year tests do often have more than 50 marks and can take up to two periods in duration time.
Read the instruction carefully
Your teacher will expect you to do certain things. These expectations are often given in the instructions. So, it is important to read the instructions and know what you must do to get full marks.
Here is an example of instructions you are likely to see on your Year 8 maths test papers:
- You may use a calculator.
- Read all questions carefully.
- You will need a ruler.
- You have 50 minutes to complete this test.
- Show all you working in the space provided.
- Year 8 maths test best practices
Do not spend too much time on one question if you find it very hard to do. Move on and attempt the other test questions. Return to the hard question/s when you have time in the end.
For example, if you have 50 minutes to do 40 test questions, that is 1.25 minutes per question. Some questions may take less time, but all in all, you should NOT spend 2 minutes or more on one question. By doing this, you’ll have time to answer all the questions.
Using the Year 8 maths test paper with answers PDF
This is a real test for Year 8 students. It’s on Algebra. The questions are ideal for Year 8 students from the UK and Australia.
If you are an 8th Grade student from the US, you’ll find these Algebra questions useful too.
Where to get more Year 8 maths test questions and topics PDF?
The resources on our maths website are free of charge. We’ve created it to help students who need these maths resources to do well in tests and exams.
What’s more, we want to ensure that maths questions are available to students when they need them.
Here are resources that will help you to prepare for Year 8 tests and exams. You can get them via the links below.
- How to study and ace your test.
- Download Year 8 maths tests papers with answers PDF.
- Checklist of Year 8 maths topics.
- Year 8 maths past exam papers – PDF
All in all, if you are a Year 8 parent or student, we hope you find these maths test questions useful.
Visitors note: This is an original article from PNG Insight.
Check out the categories for more tips on the schools portal and resources.